New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

What Kind of Visa Do We Need for a Technician to Undertake Highly Specialized 3D Scanning Work in Hong Kong That Will Last Only 10 Days?

June 12th, 2017

Posted in Employment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


Does the fact that a piece of work to be undertaken in Hong Kong by a foreign national is project-specific and only going to last a few short days somehow obviate the requirement for an employment visa ?



We have acquired a contract with a company in Hong Kong.

We have one person that will be doing some 3D scanning work lasting just 10 days.

Can you tell me what type of Visa he will need?


More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

Does volunteering for a good cause represent unpaid work which requires the specific permission of the Director of the Hong Kong Immigration Department?

I would like to apply for a ‘Job Seekers’ visa for Hong Kong – how do I go about doing it?

Is there such an animal as a Hong Kong employment visa for an independant contractor?

I will only be working in Hong Kong for six weeks – should I bother getting an employment visa?

How can an overseas company temporarily sponsor employment visa permissions for Hong Kong?



Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...