CPD Programme for Solicitors & Others

Same Sex Partner Visa

Unfortunately, Hong Kong only recognises traditional ‘legal dependants’ (heterosexual spouse and unmarried children under the age of 18) in the issuance of visas. Consequently, same sex partner family members need to be creative. For example, will you qualify for permissions under another visa category? If your partner as principal visa holder can demonstrate capacity to support you in Hong Kong, the only option is to apply for a prolonged visitor visa.
The Programme

Once a year I deliver a Continuing Professional Development seminar to the solicitors fraternity in Hong Kong which is accredited by the Law Society.

This series of videos encompasses that entire 3 hour programme.

The Rest of the Series

Audit Commission Report Number 66 (2016)

The Visitor Visa

Extending A Visitor Visa

The Travel Pass Super-charged Visitor Visa

Employment Visa

Admission of Mainland Talents & Professionals Visa

Training Visa

Non-local Graduates (IANG) Visa

Business Investment (Entrepreneur) Visa

Capital Investment Entrant Scheme (CIES)

Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)

Dependant Visa

Defacto Spouse Visa

Same Sex Partner Visa

Right of Abode in Hong Kong

Unconditional Stay

Refusals & Appeals

Admission Scheme for 2nd Generation of
Hong Kong Chinese Permanent Residents (ASSG)