CPD Programme for Solicitors & Others

Right of Abode in Hong Kong

To be eligible for the Right of Abode a foreign national who is a long stay resident will be “continuously and ordinarily resident in Hong Kong for a period of not less than seven years” while holding a qualifying residence visa. This excludes Foreign Domestic Helpers and persons admitted under the Supplementary Labour Scheme. They must have taken Hong Kong as their only place of permanent residence and have no outstanding taxation liabilities.
The Programme

Once a year I deliver a Continuing Professional Development seminar to the solicitors fraternity in Hong Kong which is accredited by the Law Society.

This series of videos encompasses that entire 3 hour programme.

The Rest of the Series

Audit Commission Report Number 66 (2016)

The Visitor Visa

Extending A Visitor Visa

The Travel Pass Super-charged Visitor Visa

Employment Visa

Admission of Mainland Talents & Professionals Visa

Training Visa

Non-local Graduates (IANG) Visa

Business Investment (Entrepreneur) Visa

Capital Investment Entrant Scheme (CIES)

Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS)

Dependant Visa

Defacto Spouse Visa

Same Sex Partner Visa

Right of Abode in Hong Kong

Unconditional Stay

Refusals & Appeals

Admission Scheme for 2nd Generation of
Hong Kong Chinese Permanent Residents (ASSG)