New Content Daily Sign Up Here


QOTW: Can a Gay Married Couple Get a Hong Kong Dependant Visa?

August 1st, 2014

Posted in Family Visas, Feature Article, Musing, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza /


You’d think so, right? Alas…

Watch this video on YouTube.


I am a Hong Kong permanent resident but not currently living in the HK SAR.  

I am considering re-locating back to Hong Kong and would like to bring my husband with me.

We are a same-sex married couple.  We have a Civil-Partnership from London and were also married in New York subsequently.

Would it be possible for me to sponsor my husband as my dependent in Hong Kong?  

My husband is a British citizen. Would it be possible to gain entitlement for my husband to work?

Thank you in advance for your help.

More Stuff You May Find Interesting or Useful

10 Must Have resources for a same sex partner visa application in Hong Kong

Understanding the Hong Kong ImmD procedure for a same sex partner visa application

A harsh decision – why Hong Kong Immigration Department will not give my clients a prolonged visitor visa

Hong Kong employment and same sex partner visas – a joint application strategy

How to stop worrying about your Hong Kong visa application – and start applying!


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...