New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

In Hong Kong is it Possible to Get an Employment Visa to Work For Yourself and Also a Full Time Employer Both at the Same Time?

October 15th, 2017

Posted in Employment Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


How can you have your cake AND eat it in Hong Kong – working for both yourself AND also a third party employer at the same time?




I’ve read (or I think I read) that with an employee visa we can transform it to an investor visa with the agreement of the employer.

I don’t find this anymore on the immigration website. Is it right?

What is the procedure to follow (my employer told me he agrees to make what is needed).

Thank you for your help.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Are there any advantages to being an existing resident of Hong Kong when making an application for an investment visa?

Newcomers guide to getting a Hong Kong employment visa (Infographic)

Can I employ myself by getting a Hong Kong investment visa?

Sometimes large employers experience Hong Kong employment visa application refusals – why might this be so?

The merits of applying for the Reconsideration of a refused Hong Kong visa application



Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...