New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

How Do Foreign National Children Resident in Hong Kong for 7 Years Go On to Acquire Permanent Residency Here?

October 13th, 2013

Posted in Family Visas, Long Stay & PR, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


The test for the right of abode for foreign national children resident in Hong Kong for 7 years is the same as for adults but the manifestation of that PR takes a slightly different form…


I’ve heard that our children can independently hold permanent residency once they turn 7.  Is this correct and if so, how do we go about applying for it?


More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Will a short period of time away from Hong Kong break my continuity of residence for my eventual right of abode application?

How to apply for the right of abode without any professional help – is Hong Kong your ONLY place of permanent residence?

Can my dependant child go on to become a permanent resident if I am not married to his mother?

Applying for the right of abode in Hong Kong – a complete resource set

Will redundancy impact on your eligibility for the right of abode in Hong Kong?



Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...