New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

How Are Dependant Family Members Considered in An Application for the Right of Abode in Hong Kong?

August 8th, 2017

Posted in Long Stay & PR, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


Are family members who are accompanying a main applicant for the right of abode in Hong Kong treated in any particular way by the Hong Kong Immigration Department?




When applying for the right of abode in Hong Kong for the whole family .. if I put in 9 years worth of my husband’s tax forms and 9 years’ worth of rental contracts for our flat do I need to any any proof for myself and children (18, 16  &  13) .. all 3 of whom are now at boarding school in the UK. 

Does it matter that they have studied away as they are still resident here? 

We all have dependant visas.


More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Redundancy – the process pitfalls of an expiring Hong Kong employment visa

Is it better to apply for your visa before or after you move to Hong Kong?

I’ve lost my job. What about my employment visa – will I get kicked out of Hong Kong?

10 Must Have resources for a successful Hong Kong permanent residency application

Will I still qualify for the right of abode if I worked temporarily in Macau yet lived in Hong Kong for the full 7 years?



Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...