New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Can I Actually Submit a Hong Kong Same Sex Partner Visa Application Via the Extension of Stay Process These Days?

April 18th, 2017

Posted in Family Visas, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Visitor Visas, Your Question Answered /


Hong Kong same sex partner visa application – changes as to how ImmD consider extension of stay applications effectively mean that same sex partner visa applications need to be submitted on an entry visa basis using form ID1003 A/B and not via the ID91.



First, can you please clarify what form/s should be submitted when applying for the same-sex partner prolonged visitor visa? I’m currently in Hong Kong, but was met with confusion when I tried to submit ID91 at Immigration Tower today.

They kept saying “you already have 90 days, no need for extension!” Should I be submitting forms ID1003A and/or ID1003B instead?

Second, could you please give me some advice on how to ensure immigration will accept my documents?

For example- if I submit 1003A/B on the 2nd floor, should I specifically say “same-sex partner prolonged visitor visa” or something else?

Like I said before, I met some resistance in my first attempt today and want to be prepared when I return.

Many thanks!

(PS – I’m a Canadian passport holder and have otherwise followed all the instructions you’ve posted.)

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

10 Must Have resources for a same sex partner visa application in Hong Kong

Understanding the Hong Kong ImmD procedure for a same sex partner visa application

A harsh decision – why Hong Kong Immigration Department will not give my clients a prolonged visitor visa

Hong Kong employment and same sex partner visas – a joint application strategy

How to stop worrying about your Hong Kong visa application – and start applying!




Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...