New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Your Questions Answered

Can a Newly Qualified Foreign National Permanent Resident of Hong Kong Automatically Secure PR for His Parents Too?

May 22nd, 2017

Posted in Long Stay & PR, The Hong Kong Visa Geeza, Your Question Answered /


So, just what immigration options for parents accrue to a foreign national holding a Hong Kong permanent identity card?



Hi there!

 A foreign national became a permanent resident after many years study and work in Hong Kong.

Now he wants to sponsor his parents holding Canadian passports to become a P.R.

In Hong Kong too – any way to do that? 

How long will it take for the application? 

Thank you.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

What long stay Hong Kong visa options exist for the elderly parents of temporary residents of Hong Kong?

How to apply for the right of abode in Hong Kong – documents required

Will one month as a visitor between resident visas break my continuity of residence for the purposes of a right of abode application?

How can a foreign national permanent resident of Hong Kong get a HKSAR passport?

What can be said to constitute ‘ordinary residence’ for the purposes of a right of abode application for Hong Kong?



Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

Handbook Contents
Professional Service Options...